Skin Tag Removal
Skin tag removal is a commonly performed procedure at Fresh Start Skincare & Laser. If a skin tag is irritating or cosmetically unwanted, it can be removed through one of two common methods. Both freezing and dehydration methods desiccate skin growths. Unfortunately, about 90% of our patients are those who had disappointing experience with home removal remedies. It is important that you consult a doctor before trying to remove your skin tag at home. Some found that they simply didn’t work and others ended up with unsightly scarring.
Skin tags are bits of benign skin growth that hang from the surrounding skin by a narrow stalk. Skin tags can be smooth or wrinkled, flesh colored or slightly brown, and usually irregular in shape.
Skin tags may appear on any part of the human body. They are more often found on the neck, groin, armpits, eyelids, and under the breasts, and other areas where skin frequently rubs against skin or clothing.
In most cases, skin growths are non-cancerous and can be safely removed. The treatment is performed by a professional, certified technician who has been trained to identify the different types of skin growths appropriate for the treatment. All treatments are performed using the strictest sanitary procedures.
Cyrotherapy is a skin tag removal treatment using liquid nitrogen that freezes the skin tag. The results of this procedure depend greatly on the technicians’ skill and experience, especially when removing skin tags around the eyes. Scarring or discoloration could result from the procedure if the liquid nitrogen is applied excessively.
The Super Frecator RU200 uses a high frequency electrical current that delivers a precise spark through a micro-needle to cauterize, dehydrate, and desiccate skin growths. During the procedure the micro-needle remains above the skin surface; it does not penetrate the skin. As the growth is removed, a natural protective coating or scab develops that covers the treated area. Within a week or two, the scab will fall off and be replaced by healthy new skin cells, and will gradually take on the color of the surrounding tissue. In most cases, there is no visible indication of the previous growth.
Yes! Once a skin growth has been treated with the Super Frecator it does not return. However, if your skin is prone to these types of growths, new ones may appear elsewhere on your face and body.
Facts to know about skin tags
- Skin tags are not present at birth and may be acquired by anyone, most commonly in adulthood. They tend to be somewhat more prevalent in women than men, particularly in overweight people, and in darker skinned people.
- Skin tags start out looking like the head of a pin. With time, they will grow, and some may even grow to the size of a large grape.
- Skin tags are frequently found in pregnant women. It’s believed that hormone elevations may increase the chances of skin tag formation.
- Skin tags have not been found to have the potential to become cancerous if left untreated.
- Occasionally a skin tag may fall off without any pain. This may happen after the tag has repeatedly twisted on itself at the stalk base, blocking the blood flow to the tag.
- Though some people may be more prone to forming new skin tags, there is no evidence that removing a skin tag causes more skin tags to develop.
- Here at Fresh Start, we understand how you feel about unsightly or troubling skin tags, and wish to give you clearer, smoother skin that you don’t need to worry about any more. Please call to schedule a complimentary consultation today and find out how we can assist you at our Northshore/Boston area office
Treatments start at $99